Philosophy of Education
Beach Cities Learning was designed by public school educators with experience in both traditional and alternative school venues. Teachers employ a variety of instructional methods based on student need, learning style, cognitive level. Research based instructional strategies for effective teaching and learning are emphasized. This is achieved by incorporating education methodology that includes direct teaching, on line learning and independent study contracts.
Beach Cities is WASC, NCAA & A-G accredited. We don’t have a generic program, we design programs with our stakeholders in mind. We focus on goals that will bring the school districts n success as well as student success. Our belief in Collaborative Partnerships with School Districts and Charter School organizations continually informs our thinking and programming.
Student outcomes and plans are evaluated on a daily and weekly basis. Beach Cities staff meet daily to determine student goals to access student outcomes and collaborate to ensure appropriate educational progress is being made. We focus on consistent, collaborative communication and an open door policy with families to create a learning environment that nurtures student success.
Beach Cities Program Specialties:
- Alternative placement for students struggling in the public education environment
- Appropriate Special Education placement
- Educational and Behavioral Therapy
- Drop out prevention
- Remediation & Academic Credit Recovery
Students attend school 5 days a week, 8:30 to 2:30 Teacher led instruction supplemented with accredited virtual partner curriculum. Students have access to individual and group counseling provided by the on-site mental health staff.
- Ideal for students not inclined to succeed in a traditional learning environment
- Enhanced access to accelerated learning opportunities for the students
- Allows students the flexibility to participate in other educational opportunities such as SCROC, Work Experience, Community College, Community Service